School of Pharmacy
B.S.–Pharmacology and Toxicology
The pre–pharmacology/toxicology program consists of two years of study, which can be completed at most accredited colleges. In Wisconsin, pre–School of Pharmacy advisors are located at both public and private colleges. These advisors are listed on the School of Pharmacy website, as is information about the specific courses at many colleges and universities that fulfill the pre–pharmacology/toxicology course requirements. Questions about the transferability of courses from any college or university to the UW–Madison School of Pharmacy can be addressed to the School of Pharmacy Admissions Office or the pre–School of Pharmacy advisor. At UW–Madison, pre–pharmacology/toxicology students usually enroll in the College of Letters and Science, but their advisor is in the School of Pharmacy. It is important to plan a sound program and stay up-to-date with admission requirements and any program changes; students should stay in contact with their advisor.
The UW–Madison Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
Students must complete at least 6 elective credits in the
pharmacology/toxicology major, in addition to at least 2 credits of independent
laboratory research. Elective courses are available in many departments, both
1. Completion of a minimum of 120 degree credits.
2. Completion of pre–pharmacology/toxicology course requirements.*
3. Completion of courses required in the pharmacology & toxicology major curriculum, including 6 credits of electives in the major plus 2 credits of independent laboratory research.
4. Completion of non-major curriculum graduation course requirements.*
5. Fulfillment of the grade point average requirements as stated in the
6. Enrollment at UW–Madison for a minimum of 30 credits, with a cumulative GPA of 2.0. The last 30 credits for the degree must be completed while enrolled in the UW–Madison School of Pharmacy.
*Any course that meets any B.S.–Pharmacology & Toxicology course requirement must be taken for a letter grade, unless the course is, by definition, a credit/no credit course. No course that meets any B.S.–Pharmacology & Toxicology course requirement may be taken pass/fail. "Any course requirement" means (1) any pre–pharmacology/toxicology course requirement, (2) any B.S.–Pharmacology & Toxicology major curriculum course requirement, (3) any B.S.-Pharmacology & Toxicology non-major curriculum graduation course requirement, and (4) the B.S.–Pharmacology & Toxicology electives in the major requirement.