School of Education
Economics Minor Requirements
Note: This minor may be completed only by students admitted to the Content Focus option of Elementary Education.
The Economics minor requires a minimum of 24 credits. A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 is required, based on all Economics minor coursework taken on the UW–Madison campus.
Students may also wish to consult with an undergraduate economics advisor, 7238 Sewell Social Science Building, Science, 262-6925. Additional information can be found at the department's website. Courses are Economics unless otherwise indicated.
Students completing the Economics minor must complete at least one semester of calculus. Mathematics coursework may be applied toward the liberal studies requirement.
- Choose one:
- 101 Principles of Microeconomics, 4 AND 102 Principles of Macroeconomics, 3
- 111 Principles of Economics—Accelerated Treatment, 4 (a combination of Micro and Macroeconomics)
- Intermediate Microeconomic Theory. Choose one:
- 301 Intermediate Microeconomic Theory, 4
- 311 Intermediate Microeconomic Theory—Advnaced Treatment, 3
- Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory. Choose one:
- 302 Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory, 4
- 312 Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory—Advanced Treatment, 3
- Complete one of Econ 330 Money and Banking, 4, or Econ 464 International Trade and Finance, 3. Students may also select from Econ 410, 441, 448, 450, 467, 468, 475, 508, 521, 522, 548, 590, 664, 665, or 666.
- Statistics 3–4 credits. Choose one or an approved substitute:
- Econ 310 Measurement in Economics, 4
- one of Stats 224, 301, 309, 311, 313 Gen Bus 303
- If needed, additional credits to total 24