School of Education
Educational Policy Studies: Undergraduate Certificate Program
Department contact information: Room 235 Education Building, 1000 Bascom Mall, Madison, WI 53706; 608-262-1760; www.education.wisc.edu/eps/. Students are encouraged to consult with advising staff at Education Academic Services (EAS), Room 139 Education Building, 1000 Bascom Mall, 608-262-1651.
While the department does not offer an undergraduate degree, an Educational Policy Studies undergraduate certificate program was designed specifically for undergraduate students. The department offers multidisciplinary courses in the history, sociology, and philosophy of education, comparative and international education, and in educational anthropology. Courses in policy analysis emphasize social context and policy implications. The completion of the EPS certificate formalizes a student's interest in the multiple dimensions of this discipline.
- Complete a minimum of five EPS courses (15 credits).
- At least two courses must be at the advanced level.
- Students must earn a grade of at least a B in each EPS course in order to count toward the certificate requirements.
- No more than 3 credits of independent study may count toward the 15 credits.
- Complete at least one EPS course with a grade of B or better.
- Make an advising appointment with the department chair.
- Submit the Declaration of Intent form at time of advising appointment.
This page was updated 11/12/14.