Home < Schools, Colleges, and Programs < College of Agricultural and Life Sciences < Degrees, Majors, and Certificate Programs < CALS Transitional Advising Services

College of Agricultural and Life Sciences

Transitional Advising Services (TAS)

The CALS Transitional Advising Services (TAS), which houses the CALS Undecided Major (ALS 000), was established in the 2011-2012 academic year. The undecided major is intended to help students who are unsure of which CALS major(s) they would like to pursue. First-year CALS Undecided students must declare a major by their third semester on campus. Continuing students may transfer into the undeclared major with approval from TAS, but must declare a major the semester following transfer. Exceptions to these policies may be made when there are extenuating circumstances. Current undergraduates wishing to transfer into the undeclared major must meet individually with a TAS advisor and attend a CALS transfer workshop. In addition to serving as the academic advising home for the undeclared major, TAS welcomes meeting with students from across campus and implements a range of initiatives aimed at enhancing awareness of CALS opportunities and smoothing students' transitions into and within the college.

For more information on TAS or the undecided major, please contact the CALS Undergraduate Programs & Services Office, 608-262-3003, undergrads@cals.wisc.edu.